Over the past two months, PATRÓN Perfectionists presented a bartender education and engagement program, and 157 Australian bartenders delivered impressive cocktails, but only ten made the cut.
The drink was to contain PATRÓN Reposado, soda water and a balanced cordial flavoured with grapefruit, inspired by their city of choice.
The initial entry submissions were judged on appeal, appearance, inspiration, and originality.
Alex Godfrey, PATRÓN Tequila Brand Ambassador and Advocacy Execution Executive, said, “Travelling to the thirty shortlisted venues and hearing the bartender’s stories about their cocktails and enjoying the incredible drinks has been a wonderful experience.
“Across the country, I have been blown away by how the connections of the chosen cities have been brought to life. My bucket list now has many more cities on it!”
The ten bartenders moving through to the final challenges of the PATRÓN Perfectionists are:
- Benjamin Thomson from The Rechabite in Perth and his cocktail ‘Kintsugi Paloma’
- Finn Sugrue from Nectar in Geelong and his cocktail ‘Repertoire’
- Jarah Retana from El Primo Sanchez in Sydney and his cocktail ‘Ikigai Paloma’
- Kayla Saito from The Mulberry Group (Hazel, Dessous, La Cantina, Common Ground Project, Liminal) in Melbourne and her cocktail ‘I’iwi’
- Leah Dunnigan from The Baxter Inn in Sydney and her cocktail ‘Scotland’s Yards’
- Martin McConnell from Frog’s Hollow Saloon in Brisbane and his cocktail ‘The Neapolitan Way’
- Nick Corletto from Maybe Mae in Adelaide and his cocktail ‘Shimokita Showdown’
- Samuel Cocks from RE in Sydney and his cocktail ‘Myoho Asari’
- Storm Evans from Cantina OK! in Sydney and his cocktail ‘Palome’
- Tom Opie from Odd Culture in Sydney and his cocktail ‘Stone Hijuelos’
The ten finalists will present their entry challenge cocktail in addition to another challenge over two days of final judging in Sydney during November.
The Australian winner will be announced at a celebration party in mid-November.
The Australian winner will have their name carved into our champions trophy, receive $5000, and a trip to Hacienda PATRÓN in 2024 for an experience-filled week with their fellow global finalists, a surprise panel of global mentors, judges, and the Familia PATRÓN in Atotonilco El Alto, Jalisco, Mexico.