BWS has taken the search for a frothy one to a new level, scaling the globe and bringing back six different beers for a six-pack that have never before been available in Australia.
Cold ones were collected from six unique breweries around the world, beginning at Japan’s one and only female run brewery and saw the team visit Bhutan, home of the world’s most dangerous runway, before trekking thousands of kilometres, across Mexico, Germany, Poland and Italy.
The beers included in the six-pack are:
● Minoh Brewery, Japan – Weizen: A non-pasteurised, award-winning drop. Japanese beer lovers can expect a premium brew that is both fruity and has notes of banana.
● Namgay Artisanal, Bhutan – Bhutanese Red Rice Larger: This slightly roasted and sweet lager has a medium to full body. The bottle pours hazy amber with a small, frothy white head and overall clean character.
● Schlenkeria, Germany – Aecht Ochlenferla Rauchbier: For those intrigued by a beer with a bacon-like smoke taste and after-taste, this drop boasts a toasty malt and light bitterness.
● Stu Mostow Brewery, Poland – Crumble Sour IPA – A smooth and juicy, yet sour beer perfect for the warmer weather and rich food pairings like stew, venison gnocchi, and cinnamon crumble.
● Hermano Republia, Mexico – Belgian Blonde Ale: Handcrafted and non-pasteurised, the light ale pours amber with a lightly hoppy, light bodied mouthfeel and sour citrus on the nose.
● CR/AK, Italy – Barrel Aged Saison: Aged for seven months, the beer is 60% blended Scotch Whisky barrels and 40% in Caroni rum barrels.
Sid Ajala, BWS Head of Beer, said: “BWS will leave no stone unturned to find the latest tastes. No snow-capped mountain is too high, no valley with a sheer drop too low, BWS wants to bring convenience to Australians, even if that means travelling the four corners of the globe in order to bring the best products to BWS stores.
“We also change our product range up to 14 times a year to ensure our range continues to meet our customers changing needs.”
The rarest six-pack on earth will be dropped exclusively from October 18 at selected BWS stores.