Thirty Australian finalists in the Patrón Perfectionists Cocktail Competition have been announced from a pool of 138 entries Australia wide.
Bacardi-Martini Australia Brand Ambassador and 2017 Patrón Perfectionist finalist, Joseph Chisholm said, “This year’s competition entries have shown some of the strongest entries we’ve seen to-date. The tremulous year that has been has fuelled creativity and innovation that is truly outstanding. It really re-affirms what an impressive hospitality scene we have here in Australia.”
Mixologists from 20 countries from around the world submitted cocktail recipes reflecting their ‘journey to find perfection behind the bar’ with entries judged according to flavour, appearance, inspiring & engaging and originality.
From here, the competition opens to the public to vote with Australia’s Top Ten announced on 23 July.
Matt Sykes, Global Commercial Execution for Patrón and founder of the competition said, “This is an incredibly exciting year for the Patrón Perfectionists competition and I’m glad that we’ve been able to adapt to this new format.
“Consumers have a great appreciation for cocktail making and this offers them a new way to get involved and show their appreciation and support for great cocktails. To give consumers a chance to vote for their local Top 30 is another first for us and we can’t wait to see which cocktails and bartenders have resonated at home.”
Consumers are invited to experience the contenders’ cocktails first-hand with their perfect creations now available in the Top 30 finalists’ Australian bars. Voting closes at 10.00am AEST Friday 23, July. QR codes on menus in bars will make consumer voting easy.
For those unable to get out and trial the cocktails at the bar, the Top 30 finalists’ recipes are available here.
The Top 10 mixologists per country will then take part in a national final, judged by a panel of four global experts. The Australian winner will be flown to Jalisco, Mexico in January 2022 to compete against the other national finalists in the global final at Hacienda Patrón with one talented bartender being named Patrón Perfectionist 2021.
The Australian Top 30 Names and Bars:
New South Wales
- Harrison Kenney, Cantina Ok!
- Sion Roberts, Dead Ringer
- Ross Appleby, The Swinging Cat
- I Putu Dedik Suarjana, Bodhi Restaurant Bar
- Kelham Waterfield, The Duke of Clarence
- Pauric Kennedy,
- Minh Le, Loft Byron Bay
- Ashley Miller,
- Benjamin Walsh, The Duke of Clarence
- Jacob Wicks, Sarino’s
- Surekha Krishnan, Coda & Tonka Restaurants
- Kristian Leombruni, Dessous
- Corina Retter, Capitano
- Ava Govanstone, Mjolner
- Miriam Wahlhuetter, Lover
- Aiden Rodriquez, Eau de Vie
- Tom Gibbsm Bar Clara
- David Brosnan, Savile Row
- Rebecca Bayley, Cielo Rooftop
- Liam Shephard, Bisou Bisou
- Danielle Darakis, The Gresham
- Grace Rawlins, Memphis Slims House of Blues
- Thomas Sykes, Extra Chicken Salt
- Matthew Blyth, Shotgun Willie’s
- Talis Heggart, Memphis Slim’s House of Blues
- Nicholas Favaro, Bar Torino
- Georgia Edmonds, Bank Street Social
- Marcus Pascoe, Bank Street Social
- Pravin Phuyal, Hot Tamale
- Niccolo’ Maffezzoni, The Trader Bar