On the eve of the highly-anticipated return of Game of Thrones, the Game of Thrones Single Malt Scotch Whisky Collection has officially hit Australian shores.
To celebrate the eighth and final season of the critically-acclaimed TV series, Game of Thrones, Diageo and HBO have released a limited-edition collection of Single Malt Scotch Whiskies. The collection features seven Scotch whiskies paired with six of the iconic Houses of Westeros, as well as the Night’s Watch.
Diageo’s diverse range of distilleries in Scotland, like in Westeros, each have their own unique characteristics and produce a distinctive whisky representative of its local terroir.
These similarities were the inspiration behind the collection, drawing an authentic storyline between each House and single malt pairing.
“We’re excited that the Game of Thrones Single Malt Scotch Whisky Collection will be hitting shelves in more countries around the world,” said Pedro Mendonca, Global Reserve Marketing & Malts Director. “We are always trying to find fun and interesting ways to introduce our Scotch portfolio and what better way than partnering with Game of Thrones, one of the most successful TV series ever created. We are thrilled to be celebrating the final season of the show by toasting with whiskies that authentically pay homage to some of the greatest characters and houses.”
Jeff Peters, Vice President, Licensing & Retail at HBO, added: “Game of Thrones is one of the most popular TV shows around the globe, so we’re thrilled to be able to give fans in so many countries the chance to celebrate the final season with these fantastic whiskies. Whether they’re choosing allegiance to a House or collecting the whole range, there’s a wonderful diversity of the utmost quality thanks to Diageo’s unparalleled Scotch distilleries.”
The Game of Thrones Single Malt Scotch Whisky Collection joins White Walker by Johnnie Walker, another limited-edition whisky in celebration of the hit TV series. White Walker by Johnnie Walker is inspired by the most enigmatic and feared characters on Game of Thrones – the White Walkers – and is available for $64.99 for 700ml (ABV 41.7%).
The Game of Thrones Collection Single Malt Scotch Whisky is available to purchase from liquor stores nationwide from the end of March.
Suggested retail prices:
• Game of Thrones House Stark – Dalwhinnie Winter’s Frost; RRP: $99.99 for 700ml; ABV 43%
• Game of Thrones House Tully – Singleton of Glendullan Select; RRP: $99.99 for 700ml; ABV 40%
• Game of Thrones House Targaryen – Cardhu Gold Reserve; RRP: $99.99 for 700ml; ABV 40%
• Game of Thrones House Lannister – Lagavulin 9 Year Old; RRP: $129.99 for 700ml; ABV 46%
• Game of Thrones The Night’s Watch – Oban Bay Reserve; RRP: $129.99 for 700ml; ABV 43%
• Game of Thrones House Greyjoy – Talisker Select Reserve; RRP: $99.99 for 700ml; ABV 45.8%
• Game of Thrones House Baratheon – Royal Lochnagar 12 Year Old; RRP: $129.99 for 700ml; ABV 40%
• Game of Thrones White Walker by Johnnie Walker – RRP: $64.99 for 700ml; ABV 41.7%