Australian wholesaler and member of the Metcash Group Campbells Wholesale is celebrating 90 years in business.
Campbells Cash & Carry is a self-service wholesaler serving Australia’s independent, family-owned businesses since 1933.
A member of Australia’s wholesale distribution company, the Metcash Group, Campbells has served the independent, family-owned business sector over the course of nine decades.
In that time, Campbells has grown into a $1bn business with 700 employees spanning every state in Australia, providing products and services through its network of 16 stores boasting the largest product range in the national wholesale market.
Since its inception, Campbells has worked with independent businesses to provide value wholesale solutions through its unique self-service warehouses and national online delivery network.
To celebrate its 90th anniversary Campbells is offering customers a chance to win. Any customer who spends $90 on Campbells Wholesale products, whether in-store or online between 1st October and 31st October will be entered into a draw to win a share of $90,000. Campbells is also giving away 90 Campbells vouchers worth $1,000 each. (T&Cs apply)
Campbells Wholesale General Manager Iain Kirsch said the milestone was a significant achievement.
“We are honoured to be celebrating our 90th anniversary, and this momentous occasion is a testament to our unwavering commitment to serving independent businesses across Australia. We owe our longevity and success to the support of our valued customers, the dedication of our staff and being part of the Metcash Group,” Mr Kirsch said.
“We are excited by the next decade in Campbells’ history as we continue to deliver the best value wholesale solutions to our nation’s independent businesses.”
Key milestones in Campbells’ 90 years in business
- 1933: Campbells was founded by A G Campbell in Sydney, pioneering the concept of self-service wholesale shopping.
- 1970s: The company expands its footprint, opening stores in key locations across Australia to serve a growing customer base.
- 1980: Campbells successfully competes with major industry chains, and in 1980, AG Campbells became part of Davids through an acquisition.
- 1980s & 90s: AG Campbells experiences remarkable growth and expansion, acquiring several wholesale businesses and establishing additional self-service sites, solidifying AG Campbells’ position as a prominent grocery wholesaler in New South Wales.
- 1987: Campbells Wholesale has developed a network of 30 outlets spanning the east coast of Australia.
- 1999: Campbells joins the Metcash Group. The company’s affiliation with the widest retail distribution network in Australia has enabled the Campbells to serve a diverse range of customers, including remote communities, and both large and small independent retailers.
- 2020s: Campbells celebrates its 90th anniversary with 700 employees, a network of 16 stores and representatives spanning every state in Australia.