Wolf Blass has launched a new portfolio of wines featuring six varietals, the Wolf Blass Makers’ Project.
Wolf Blass winemakers follow three key techniques to create the Makers’ Project:
• Free run wine – the process when the grapes are crushed into the press and all the juice that can freely drain from the skins to the tank is referred to as ‘free run’. This produces wines that are balanced in acidity with high levels of purity in fruit, aroma and flavour – such as the Makers’ Project Pink Pinot Grigio and Reserve Rosè.
• Partial whole berry fermentation – the winemakers ferment a higher portion of whole berries, which leads to more full fruits and robust flavours with gentle complexities and spice characteristics. Try Makers’ Project Pinot Three or Reserve Shiraz to see this in practice.
• Early press – pressing is the process that separates the grape juice from its skins. Flavour and structure are extracted and by pressing early, before the completion of fermentation, a softer wine with fresh, bright fruit characters is created. Makers’ Project Shiraz Grenache and Pinot Noir are perfect examples of this.
“Wolf Blass is known for creating great tasting wines that suit all occasions and are enjoyed by people the world over,” said Nick Powell, Wolf Blass Global Marketing Manager.
“The new Wolf Blass Makers’ Project is no different. It builds on Wolfgang Blass’s original vision to create wines that not only taste great, but are wines that people want to drink.
“This new range features wines that our winemakers love to make, wines that highlight the innovative quirks as well as the unique winemaking processes that make them not only delectable, but fresh, original and exciting,” concluded Powell.
Wolf Blass Makers’ Project is available in the following 750ml varietals:
• Makers’ Project Pink Pinot Grigio, RRP $20 – Made by fermenting free run juice, and enhancing the natural pink colour of the Pinot Grigio skins, this is a light-bodied style with a crisp, dry finish.
• Makers’ Project Pinot Noir, RRP $20 – A smooth, silky drop with a soft texture that’s decadent and rich in flavour, and bursting with berry fruit characters.
• Makers’ Project Shiraz Grenache, RRP $20 – Plush, fresh fruit flavours that create a soft, juicy wine with a velvety texture and a long, silky-smooth finish.
• Makers’ Project Reserve Rosè, RRP $26 – With minimal squeezing of the skins and seeds, only the pure, fresh, vibrant juice was fermented, resulting in a deliciously light-bodied, fruity wine with a juicy palate and lingering finish.
• Makers’ Project Reserve Pinot Three, RRP $26 – A nod to the Wolf Blass tradition of blending to make a wine that’s better than the sum of its parts. Pinot Noir, fermented with a portion of whole berries, was blended with Pinot Gris and Pinot Meunier to create a bright, fresh-flavoured wine with pure fruit and subtle yet distinct spice characters
• Makers’ Project Reserve Shiraz, RRP $26 – distinctive, fruit-driven aroma that sets the wine apart from more traditionally made Shiraz, it has a smooth finish with subtle fresh fruit flavours and spicy, savoury elements
Wolf Blass Makers’ Project range is available now from leading retailers nationwide.