Liquor & Gaming NSW has issued its latest gaming machine data updates that reveal the top money earning hotels and clubs in the state.
The latest reports cover December 1, 2018, to May 31, 2019 for clubs; and January 1, 2019, to June 30, 2019 for hotels.
Compared to the previous six-month period:
- The number of gaming machines in operation fell by 206 in clubs and by 39 in hotels.
- The number of club gaming venues fell by 9, and the number of hotel gaming venues fell by 34.
- Net profit fell 3.9% for clubs and 6.3% for hotels.
Compared to the same six-month period in 2018:
- The number of gaming machines in operation fell by 506 in clubs and by 42 in hotels – an overall fall of 548.
- The number of club gaming venues fell by 16, and the number of hotel gaming venues fell by 74.
- Net profit fell by 0.03 per cent for clubs and rose by 6.2 per cent for hotels.
Due to seasonal factors, gaming machine profits are historically higher in the second half of each calendar year.
The top hotel for gaming machine profits was the Markets Hotel at Flemington, which was up from third place in the last period.
Mt Pritchard & District Community Club retained its place as the most profitable club in NSW.
Top 10 gaming machine net profit hotels in NSW
- Markets Hotel, Flemington
- Cross Roads Hotel, Casula
- El Cortez Hotel, Canley Heights
- Meridian Hotel, Hurstville
- Railway Hotel, Lidcombe
- The Crown Hotel, Revesby
- Berala Hotel, Berala
- Burwood Hotel, Burwood
- Pritchards Hotel, Mount Pritchard
- Twin Willows Hotel, Bass Hill
Top 10 gaming machine net profit clubs in NSW
- Mt Pritchard & District Community Club Limited (Trading as Mounties)
- Bankstown Sports Club
- Dooleys Lidcombe Catholic Club
- Canterbury League Club Ltd
- Cabra-Vale Ex-Active Servicemen’s Club Ltd
- Rooty Hill RSL Club Ltd
- Wentworthville Leagues Club Ltd
- Revesby Workers’ Club Ltd
- Parramatta Leagues Club
- Liverpool Catholic Club