The Master is back

October 1, 2020
By Ioni Doherty

Wolf Blass will release The Master for the second time since 2014. First released to coincide with his 80th birthday, The Master is a homage to Wolf Blass Founder, Wolfgang Blass AM, renowned for his talent as the Master Blender and pursuit of perfection in everything to do with winemaking.

For the 2020 release, the finest parcels from different varieties and vineyard blocks of the 2018 harvest have been selected to create a one of a kind Cabernet Shiraz blend.

“From a single vineyard on an amazing patch of ancient soil, and as unique as the man himself, this is a wine to be shared in celebration of life’s momentous occasions,” said Chief Winemaker, Chris Hatcher.

Cabernet Sauvignon is the heart and soul of this wine, comprising 86% of the blend, selected from vines with very small black berries that give intense varietal expression. Taut, powerful Shiraz sourced from the same vineyard makes up the remaining 14%. Drawn from a single vineyard in Greenock, Barossa Valley it celebrates the classic Australian blend of Cabernet Sauvignon and Shiraz in exceptional style.

The Master 2020 is a distinctly superior and elegant wine with fine, black fruit aromatics and a smooth, rich, complex palate with long silky tannins. Only 28 barrels have been produced, this limited-edition wine (RRP $350) is exclusively available through DTC and GTR channels now.

Share the content

Related Posts