TAFE NSW is once again offering its Professional Sommeliers Course, with enrolments now open for the February to June 2017 semester. There are no entry requirements for the course, most suitable for industry professionals and those wanting to progress into the role of Sommelier in fine dining establishments.
The course will provide students with specialist training in the field of Sommelier, covering knowledge of Australian and international wines, as well as skills in the sales and service of wine. Students will also receive education on food and beverage pairing, the management of a wine outlet, and specialist knowledge on other alcohol.
The full list of course content is as follows:
- Wine list compilation
- Wine list design and costing
- Cellar management
- On-premise marketing and promotion of wines
- Specialist knowledge in Beers, Spirit and Liqueurs
- Selecting wines
- Wine Service
- Specialist knowledge on Australian wine
- Specialist knowledge on international wines
- Food and wine recommendations
- Systematic approach to tasting wines
- Role and duties of a Sommelier
- Taste and evaluate a wide range of Australian and international wines as well as beer & spirits
At the end of the course, students will receive the industry-accredited Professional Sommelier Statement of Attainment. For more information, visit www.nsi.tafensw.edu.au/swa.
You may also be interested in Increase Your Revenue with Snacks.