Stone’s famous Ginger Joe is now available in a convenient 375ml can, joining the popular 500ml bottle on shelves.
Ginger Joe was inspired by ‘Ginger’ Joseph Stone, a moustachioed London greengrocer and illustrious founder of the noble House of Stone. Legend has it that Joe was fanatical about the taste of the ginger root and that his first ‘dip in the ginge’ circa 1740 produced a tipple that literally singed the tips of his ‘tache – an image now immortalised on every bottle and can of the alcoholic ginger brew.
Ginger Joe was first launched in Australia in 2013 in a 500ml, 8% ABV glass format and has seen solid growth over the last five years.
After six months of rigorous testing, Stone’s Ginger Joe now comes in a 375ml can and 6 x 4-pack format that’s perfect to take camping, fishing, golfing, to the park, barbecues and festivals.
7 reasons why Ginger Joe now comes in cans
- They’re lighter, around 5.2kgs per 24 pack than glass, making them easier to transport and better for the environment.
- Cans let in less light than glass, which can destroy a products flavours.
- Cans cool down faster than glass. On camping and fishing trips this means the ice lasts longer.
- Cans oxidise more slowly than glass due to a better seal and lower headspace requirements, keeping the brew inside fresher.
- Cans don’t break making them perfect for festivals, on premise, parties, bars, camping, fishing, in fact just about every where
- Cans can crush, meaning they take up less room in the recycling bin.
- There is a definite shift to drink from a can – driven by the growing craft beer market.
To enhance the tang and tingle of Ginger Joe try these tips:
• Topple in a tall tumbler over towers of ice
• Add lemon or lime
• Splash in a dash of spirit to add sparkle
• Savour with a hearty pub lunch or hot curry
For further information on Ginger Joe or any of the Stone’s range, visit www.stonesoriginal.com.au
To order contact your Vintage House Wine and Spirit Representative or call 1300 769 266