Beer lovers reach for something a little darker as the temperatures cool down, so Little Creatures has released a new Winter Stout.
The limited-edition seasonal has been developed using a refined version of Little Creatures’ stout recipe in a bid to create the perfect dark beer.
Russ Gosling, Head Brewer at Little Creatures Fremantle said the brewery is always experimenting to perfect brews as well as create new beers.
“We want people to take a sip and feel like they’re in a cosy London pub by a roaring fire,” he said. “So, we’ve gone hoppier and amped up our signature Fuggle hops along with US Loral to get that noble, earthy, dark fruit quality with chocolate and roast to create a balanced, smooth stout.”
Russ Gosling’s tips on how to pick (and drink) the perfect stout:
- Red is the new black: you want your stout to be black but with a red tinge when you hold it up to the light.
- Smoother than Bublé: the taste should be smooth, with rich chocolate, some roasted coffee notes and a hint of liquorice.
- Keep it cool: always pour it into a glass and serve at 12°C.
- It is better in pairs: make the most of your stout by pairing it with a crumbly blue cheese or aged Gouda.
- Relax and savour: preferably in your PJs and uggs on a cold winter’s night.
Little Creatures Winter Stout is available on tap at select venues nationally and in store from leading retailers around the country. RRP $64.99/24-case.