The House of Suntory, the founding house and pioneer of Japanese Whisky has been named Distiller of the Year for the fifth time by the International Spirits Challenge in London.
Suntory also took the trophy in 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2014. In its latest instalment and in addition to being named Japanese Whisky Distiller of the Year, is received 21 medals in total including a category win for , and a Double Gold win for Hibiki 21 – one of only 11 Double Golds awarded in the entire competition.
“We are honored to continue receiving this level of outstanding recognition year over year by one of the most prestigious industry competitions in the world,” says Jon Potter, Managing Director for the House of Suntory at Beam Suntory.
“These awards are a testament to our company’s commitment to quality, precision and excellence. We congratulate our Chief Blender, Shinji Fukuyo, and his diligent team across our distilleries who exhibit the highest level of skill and passion for their craft. This hard-working group commit themselves daily to producing nothing but the best spirits.”
Other Gold wins for the House of Suntory went to Hibiki, Yamazaki and Hakushu expressions. The House of Suntory received 21 medals in total across the brands, including 13 Gold medals.
The full list of House of Suntory competition results:
Hibiki 21 Year Old
- Hibiki Blender’s Choice
- Hibiki Japanese Harmony
- Hibiki Japanese Harmony Master’s Select
- Hibiki 30 Year Old
- Yamazaki Single Malt 12 Year Old
- Yamazaki Single Malt 18 Year Old
- Yamazaki Single Malt 25 Year Old
- Yamazaki Single Malt Mizunara 2020 Edition
- Yamazaki Single Malt Spanish Oak 2020 Edition
- Yamazaki Single Malt Bordeaux Wine Cask 2020 Edition
- Hakushu Single Malt 12 Year Old
- Hakushu Single Malt 18 Year Old
- Hakushu Single Malt 25 Year Old
- Suntory Whisky Chita
- Suntory World Whisky AO
- The Hakushu Single Malt Whisky
- The Hakushu Single Malt Whisky Peated Malt 2021 Edition
- The Yamazaki Single Malt Whisky
- The Yamazaki Single Malt Whisky Puncheon 2020 Edition
- The Yamazaki Single Malt Whisky Peated Malt 2020 Edition