Australian launch of the Award-Winning Mirabeau Dry Rose’ Gin
Drinks Trade had the privilege to attend the Australian launch of the Award-Winning Mirabeau Dry Rose’ Gin. To begin this wonderful experience, guests got artsy and made and decorated their very own bottle topper in a glassblowing workshop.
Beautifully prepared French canapes were served before lunch at French restaurant, St Jacques, a tiny neighbourhood eatery in Sydney’s Redfern.
Jeany Cronk, co-founder of Mirabeau Wines, zoomed in from Provence to provide a guided tasting where she eloquently detailed their success in producing stunning Rose’ in the region and the evolution to producing a pink gin. Starting with where it began, Mirabeau Pure Rose’ wine was the first offered in the tasting before we moved to sampling the Mirabeau Dry Rose’ Gin neat and then with a tonic mixer.
Using the grape spirit as the base and taking inspiration from the abundance of botanicals found along the French Riviera to add aromatic layers, Mirabeau’s Dry Rosé Gin redefines the normally sugary pink gin category, with a dry, yet highly aromatic style. It is floral and delicate with hints of lemon. The lemons sourced for inclusion actually have their own geographical location!
Bottled in a beautiful and unique gin bottle, Mirabeau’s Dry Rosé Gin is distilled with a touch of its much-loved Rosé wine. Its feminine, delicate and a perfect gift for every occasion.
For the ultimate winter gin cocktail, here are some recipes to try:
The Winter Margarita:
- 45ml Mirabeau Gin
- 45ml Fresh Grapefruit Juice
- 15ml Fresh Lemon Juice
- Juice from 1 wedge of lime
- 90ml Spicy Ginger Beer by Capi
Prepare your glasses:
- Place the grapefruit juice in a bowl
- On a plate, combine the zest and sugar
- Dip the rim of a coupe or martini glass into the juice first, shake off the excess liquid, then let it kiss the sugar mixture to coat the rim evenly
- Fill the glass with ice
Prepare the drink:
- In a filled cocktail shaker, combine the Mirabeau Gin and juices
- Shake vigorously and pour into the prepared glass
- Top it up with the spicey ginger beer and garnish with the quarter wheels of grapefruit
Mirabeau Dry Rosé Gin is gluten-free, 100% naturally flavoured with no residual sugar, and made in France with carefully selected botanicals. It is available in Dan Murphy’s and BWS Australia-wide, RRP $79.99.