BWS is celebrating its 21st birthday with a month-long campaign with $400K to giveaway.
“BWS has been part of our customers’ celebrations since 2001 – from birthdays to wedding anniversaries and everything in between – so we wanted to mark this milestone by celebrating our customers and making it all about them,” BWS Managing Director, Scott Davidson said.
For the month of June, BWS is asking customers to complete a number of birthday tasks with over $400,000 in cash up for grabs.
“We know that most people don’t care about a bottleshop’s birthday, which is why we wanted to have a bit of fun with ours and we will unashamedly pay you to celebrate and have your own fun,” BWS Head of Marketing, Anna Webster said.
Competitors can earn:
- $1,000 by submitting an aerial video of a huge ‘Happy Birthday BWS’ message written on the ground (carved in sand on a beach, for example)
- $2,000 for getting a choir of 21 people to sing happy birthday to BWS
- $5,000 if you jump out of a giant BWS cake in front of a BWS store, singing happy birthday BWS, holding a BWS Birthday sign, dancing the BWS birthday dance in a BWS orange birthday outfit.
Simpler tasks include:
- leaving a ‘happy birthday’ message on the drinks retailer’s birthday site www.bwsbirthday.com.au for the chance to earn $10
- bake a homemade cake with Happy Birthday BWS written in icing for the chance to earn $100 and
- crafting a bespoke BWS birthday outfit and wearing it for the chance to earn $500.
Reality stars Abbie Chatfield and Khanh Ong are the faces of the campaign, and the best friends have starred in a range of online videos to promote the birthday celebrations.
“We thought Abbie and Khanh were the perfect duo to front our campaign because they are confident, authentic and a bit cheeky – just like us,” said Ms Webster.
In one of the videos, the Masterchef star bakes a birthday cake for BWS, while Abbie shows off her knitting skills attempting to make a BWS birthday outfit in another.
All the tasks are listed on www.bwsbirthday.com.au, with a set number of tasks available for customers to complete in order to redeem and start celebrating between today and Thursday, 30 June.
Once a customer meets the task’s requirement and the content is uploaded to the microsite and is ABAC** compliant, they’ll then be paid cash via a digital Mastercard.
The first BWS was opened in Cabramatta, Sydney, in 2001, and the name is an acronym for Beer, Wine and Spirits. Today, there are over 1,400 BWS stores across the country.
*T&Cs apply. For more information, head to http://www.bwsbirthday.com.au/
**ABAC is the responsible alcohol marketing code, more information here.