Flaming cocktail lands two Gordon Ramsay customers in hospital
Two restaurant customers have been taken to hospital after suffering burns from a cocktail at Gordon Ramsay’s Hell’s Kitchen restaurant in Las Vegas.
The offending drink was a tiki-style 'Rum Donkey' made with Cruzan Single Barrel Rum, falernum, brown sugar, ginger beer and torched passion fruit.
A spokeswoman for Caesars Palace, where the restaurant is located, issued a statement saying: “We stand ready to provide any assistance they may need to help them through this difficult time.
“The particular type of specialty drink served at Hell’s Kitchen is served at the finest restaurants worldwide without incident. But, out of an abundance of caution, Hell’s Kitchen has removed the flame component from the drink at issue.
"All of us here at Caesars Palace and the Gordon Ramsay Restaurant Group are concerned for the injured guests, and are hopeful for their speedy recovery.”
Clark County Fire Deputy Chief Jon Klassen confirmed the department transported two people to the hospital, but firefighters didn't have to extinguish any fire.
While initial reports suggested someone at the bar was “engulfed in flames”, its believed the two victims only received minor injuries.