Wine Ark announces Australia's Top 50 Most Collected Wines
Wine storage specialist Wine Ark has released its Australia's 50 Most Collected Wines 2016, with Penfolds Grange topped from the No.1 spot by its stable mate, Penfolds 389 Cabernet Shiraz.
While it was mostly about the reds in the top 10, Grosset Wines scored the no.9 spot with its Polish Hill Riesling, making it Australia's most collected riesling and white.
Rockford 'Basket Press' Shiraz was at number 7, with Wine Ark noting it would be even higher on the list "if people had access to more!"
Clonakilla continued its heady rise, after moving 11 places up the list in 2013 with its Shiraz Viognier. This year it jumped to No.10 spot from 11 on the previous list.
“This indicates that not all wine collected has to be the top of the range,” Wine Ark CEO John Cuff noted in 2013. “Collectors are realising that many of the entry level wines from great producers benefit from being cellared for the medium term."
Here are the top 10:
1. Penfolds Bin 389 Cabernet Shiraz
2. Penfolds Grange Shiraz
3. Penfolds ‘St Henri’ Shiraz
4. Lake's Folly ‘Cabernets’ Cabernet Blend
5. Moss Wood Cabernet Sauvignon
6. Cullen ‘Diana Madeline’ Cabernet, Margaret River
7. Rockford ‘Basket Press’ Shiraz, Barossa Valley
8. Wynns Coonawarra Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
9. Grosset Wines Polish Hill Riesling
10. Clonakilla Wines Shiraz Viognier
Currently, the best way to check the whole list is on Instagram. Click here.